Saturday 16th November 2019, 10am – 5.00pm
£60 per person early bird
A day of insights for yoga teachers exploring injury prevention and how to work with and support injured yoga students.
Whether a student is coming to yoga as part of their rehabilitation, or wanting to know how to manage an injury or health condition within their existing yoga practice, as a yoga teacher you are going to experience the challenges of dealing with injured students in your classes.
This workshop aims to give you the tools and knowledge you need to feel confident in how to approach working with injured students, and how best to support and empower them in their practice, and how to help prevent injuries occurring within a yoga practice.
During this workshop we will be using lecture/discussion and small group work to look at:
- Common injuries and conditions you will come across in class
- Etiquette and ethics of working with injured students
- How to use props and modifications safely and effectively
- Understand the functional anatomy of poses and how this might relate to certain injuries or conditions
- Injury prevention in yoga
- How to look after your own injuries when teaching
This workshop is open to yoga teachers and teachers in training, and is eligible for 6 hours CPD (please check the requirements of your individual accrediting body)
£60 per person early bird, £65 full price
Mokshala Studio, Saffron Walden, Essex