2 Dates to choose from:
Sunday 18th October or Monday 19th October
10am – 4pm (online)
This one day online CPD workshop is a must for yoga teachers and teachers in training who want to expand their functional anatomy knowledge in relation to yoga asana.
You only need to look around a yoga class to see a wide variety of bodies with different possibilities and restrictions, so how can we support them all?
Using a mixture of lecture, discussion and practical inquiry this workshops steps away from the dry (and yes sometimes boring) side of anatomy, to focus on real bodies in an experiential way.
Numbers are limited to ensure individual attention, interaction and support.
• Gain more confidence and a deeper understanding of how anatomy can enhance your teaching skills.
• Learn the language of body reading and determining skeletal patterns
• Use small group work (break out rooms) to explore the concepts and participate in practical work (not just screen staring)
• Understand how to make yoga postures both safe and inclusive for all
• Examine what we say as yoga teachers and how to intelligently refine the use of anatomical language in our teaching.
£45 per person
Online via zoom
This course counts as CPD or further training hours