Friday 29th March – Sunday 31st March AND Saturday 11th – Sunday 12th May 2019
£525pp early bird price when booked by 29th January 2019
This immersion is designed for teachers who want to deepen their understanding and experience of Yin Yoga and to be able to confidently teach this style of yoga. The course is 5 days split over 2 weekends to allow for integration of learning and to complete the assignments between the training weekends.
We will explore the practice and experience of yin yoga, understand the history and concepts of yin yoga, and learn how to effectively teach this subtle but powerful style of Yoga, leaving you with a deeper understanding of this practice and its theory, and confidence to teach Yin to your students.
Key Concepts of the course:
- What is Yin Yoga
- History of Yin Yoga
- Yin vs Yang
- Yin yoga and Chinese Meridian theory
- Experience of Yin Poses in practice
- Transitional Poses
- Pranayama and Mediation Practices for Yin
- The Nature of Fascia and connective tissues in Yin
- Tension and Compression
- Skeletal variations and their effects
- How to intelligently sequence a Yin Practice
- Understanding Modifications and Use of Props
- The Language of yin (use of tone, pacing and language in teaching)
- Holding space for your students
Course days run from 9.30am – 5pm each day.
Course consists of 32.5 contact hours and 17.5 hours of pre-course reading and assignments.
£525 early bird for bookings by 29th January 2019, £575 after
Sandstone Yoga, Aldridge, West Midlands, UK