Friday 23rd November 2018
£75 early bird price when booked by 30th September 2018
Effective, sensitive and appropriate use of touch can be a great teaching tool but is often an area that teachers feel unsure of. During this workshop for yoga teachers and teachers in training we will be exploring the ethics and practice of using hands-on techniques with our students. Using lecture, discussion, and practical pairs or group work we will be looking at the following over the course of the day:
- The ethics and considerations of manual cueing
- Different approaches to hands on adjustment
- Why might we use physical touch in the first place?
- What makes a good adjustment?
- Body placement of the teacher – where and why?
- How to know what is appropriate for individual students
- Appropriate pressure, sensing and feeling
This workshop will give you the knowledge and practical skills to feel much more confident in why and how you can use physical touch in a more skilful way as a teacher.
This workshop is eligible for 6 hours of CPD/further training hours. Please check with your individual associated regulating/professional body for full details (i.e. Yoga Alliance, BWY, IYN).
Workshop runs from 10am – 5pm.
£75 early bird price when booked by 30th September 2018, £85 after
Sandstone Yoga, 26 – 27 AnchorParade, Aldridge, Walsall, West Midlands